dress by WAYF // shoes by GREATS X Cynthia Rowley // backpack by The.Wolf.Gang // photos by Stefanie Marie

What does your typical work day look like?

My days are never the same, which I love.  If I don’t have anything booked, I pretty much always start my day with emails and computer work, which can take anywhere from 1-3 hours.  I usually have a photoshoot (for the blog and model jobs) about once a week, and I go to events about twice a week.  When I first lived in LA as a blogger, I was going to waaay too many events. It was taking up too much of my time because of the driving (they are usually in West Hollywood).  So now I’m very picky about the events I go to.  It works out so much better for me.  In between any events or shoots, I’m working on my computer, either for Montazami Brand, my blog, or emails.  I’m on my computer so much!  By the end of the day my eyes are so strained, which is why I’m starting to wear my ”computer” glasses, that block the blue light from the screen, helping with eye strain.

Approximately how many hours per week do you work?

In my line of work, it’s not a clock-in, clock-out kind of deal.  There’s always something to be done, which tends to leave a constant stress on my shoulders. But that also comes with the benefit of making your own hours and getting things done at your own convenience! I usually start working around 10 am, and I go all day/night, with small breaks in between.  The small breaks I take are eating lunch/dinner, going to the gym, doing errands like the bank or the market, etc. I still check and answer emails as late as 11 pm.

Do you plan on going back to university?

Nope!  No plans to go back to school.  I love what I’m doing with my career, and want to continue building and growing each aspect of my work life.

Are all three of you (your mom, Sara, and you) all equally involved in Montazami Brand or would you say some of you more so than others?

We all have different roles so it’s not really ”equal”, but we make most decisions all together.  I’m more of the behind the scenes, technical, business side, and Sara is in charge of our social media and newsletter.  Recently my mom has stepped back in the design process, which has helped Sara and I create pieces more smoothly, because we have a similar sense of style.  My mom does an amazing job helping us throw our pop-up shops!

Do you know what you want to work with when you are older?  Or do you want to be a stay at home mom?

I’m going to continue what I’m currently doing for as long as I can and want.  I think once I have kids I’ll still work a little bit in something related to my current line of work 🙂

What advice would you give someone who wants to start Instagram?

Go for it!  Don’t be intimidated and think that it’s over-saturated.  Mostly everything is over-saturated these days.  If you’re thinking about it, just remember to always be yourself, don’t work with brands you don’t believe in, and come up with original content.  Don’t steal other people’s photos, don’t imitate other influencers (it’s obvious when this happens), and be real with your readers.

How do you edit your photos?

It depends on the photo.  First I’ll go to the VSCO app, and see if any of those filters look good (I usually do the C series and E series, which I’ve purchased… I think it’s a few bucks).  If none of those filters work, I’ll go to the Photo app on my phone (the one with your camera roll) and edit in there.  I’ll enhance the photo, and play with the lighting and color, and possibly use one of their filters.  Then I use Facetune to smooth out any darkness that usually happens when I apply filters from VSCO.  Then I upload it to instagram, and play around with the photo settings a tiny bit on there.  This sounds like a ton of editing now that I write it all down hahaha… whoops.

Are your photos mostly taken with your phone or camera?

On Instagram, about 70% of my photos are from my phone, and the other 30% are from a professional camera.  I shoot with a Canon 6D.

What profession would you consider if you weren’t working with your current profession?

Hmm.. I used to intern for Modern Luxury magazine and I really loved it… maybe that?  I would probably want to work in either the lifestyle or home interior departments.  I’ve always thought I would want to be an interior decorator, so there’s that too haha.

Comments 2
  • Therese

    Thank you for sharing about your life, family and work. I live in a farm in Sweden so my life is a bit different :). I have four kids so it´s nice to live outside the town.
    I liked to read about your family, you seem to have so mutch fun together.
    Much love from Sweden


    • hannamontazami Post author

      Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun, to run around the farm 🙂 We do have a lot of fun together… that’s the best about family <3



E-postadressen publiceras inte. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *